- Provides process engineering for all IR thin film production areas, i.e. cleaning, thin film coating and thin film support areas.
- Responsible for sustaining existing processes in 2-3 production vacuum coating systems. This includes yield control, process monitoring, operator training and developing deterministic processes for their systems.
- Provides technical guidance and leadership in, planning, and trouble shooting of all thin film processes.
- Develops problem-solving methods, including SPC and DOE to insure continuous, deterministic process improvements.
- Responsible for technically improving standard production coating designs and troubleshooting of new process problems.
- Supports special assignments inside and outside the thin film department as needed.
- BSME, BSEE or Equivalent advanced knowledge of thin film Coating designs
- 6+ years as Engineer in IR Optical Thin Film Engineering or related field.
- Ability to learn surface sciences and metrology.
- Good oral and written technical communication skills.
- Knowledge of TQM and SPC techniques.
- Hands-on problem solving and operation audits.
- Basic computer skills
- Exposure to process safety & industrial hygiene practices
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and cooperatively
- Process Development 30%
- Process Engineering 40%
- Process Equipment 15%
- Support II-VI Singapore 10%
- Employee Relations/HS&E 5%
Note to recruiters and employment agencies: We will not pay for unsolicited resumes from recruiters and employment agencies unless we have a signed agreement and have requested assistance, in writing, for a specific opening.
Apply Online :