The Strategic Marketing Director plays a pivotal role towards the growth and improved profitability of II-VI Infrared Optics Division (IOD). It drives all product marketing and strategic business development activities for the growth and success of IOD. It plays a key role in developing market, product and customer strategies as well as driving execution on new business/design wins. It also plays a major role in the 5 year planning process, setting target revenue/margin trajectories, developing market/product/customer strategies, and driving associated tactical plans to achieve financial goals.
The incumbent owns and drives the IOD design win pipeline. Drives sales, product marketing and divisions to maximize IOD revenue and profit on customer design cycles. Given IOD sells at various levels of the value chain, S/he develops Cross-sell, Up-sell and No-sell strategies, secures division and group management buy-in and drives implementation to maximize value to IOD. S/he develops an IOD view of the customer and market opportunity to drive more profitable share. S/he facilitates IOD wide project portfolio reviews (including relative opportunity sizing and strategic impact) for project prioritization and optimization of R&D resources across BUs.
This role is part of the IOD management team and functions in a leadership manner consistent with the operating principles of the group, segment and corporation and values of II-VI Incorporated. This newly created position will lead II-VI Infrared Optics Group new product innovation team. Its mission is to identify and develop emerging business opportunities that lead to new revenue sources and customer value through application of innovation processes not typically used by II-VI Infrared Optics Division today.
Education: Strong technical background with a MS combined with business education.
- At least 10-15 years of broad management background, skills and experience.
- Strong relationships with key global customers to drive new design in activities.
- Leadership roles in Marketing/Product Management/Business Development in the optical networking industry.
- Seasoned business personality, well known in the industry with a proven track record of accomplishments.
- Strong ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams where S/he will interface with other operating groups within II-VI Infrared Optics Division (i.e. Engineering, Marketing, Field Sales, Internal/External customers, Corporate, Manufacturing, etc.) is a critical capability.
- Ability to identify required resources internally, externally and across disciplines to ensure project success.
- Self-starter – sets aggressive goals and drive teams to closure and success.
- Leadership and talent mentoring characteristics to develop high performance teams.
- Proven ability to translate market requirements into customer valued product sets.
- In depth understanding of the value proposition in existing and new market segments.
- Ability to ‘manage by influence’ in cross-functional, multi-cultural, global team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Sets a high standard of professionalism, leadership and competency.
- In-depth understanding of financial instruments: P&L, balance sheet, income statement.
- Must be both team-oriented and self-motivated.
- Drive Design Wins 25%
- Customer Development & Sales Strategy 20%
- Product Marketing 20%
- Product & Technology Strategy 10%
- Business/Technology Partnerships & Mergers & Acquisitions 10%
- Leadership, Management & Supervision 10%
- External Communications 5%
Note to recruiters and employment agencies: We will not pay for unsolicited resumes from recruiters and employment agencies unless we have a signed agreement and have required assistance, in writing, for a specific opening.
II-VI is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply via online