Responsible for the planning, design, implementation, support and security of computing infrastructure technologies and services located in all II-VI locations globally. Lead role on defining and enforcing infrastructure solutions for all II-VI corporate data centers including the Saxonburg DC, Weidterstadt DC and the Singapore data centers. Establish, promote and enforce infrastructure standards for configuration, operations, backup, DR and security to ensure continuous availability, data integrity, performance and consistency across II-VI locations.
Proactively work with IT and business leaders to support the geographic and functional expansion of System services. Lead key information technology system initiatives globally. Lead and mentor, provide support and direction to technical teams in other global II-VI locations regarding design, implementation, operations and detailed troubleshooting.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, Advanced degree preferred
- 8-10 years of experience in computing infrastructure planning, design and management. More than three years proven experience in project management.
- Microsoft Certifications or equivalent desired.
- The ability to design and implement Windows servers and services (Active Directory, Exchange 2007/2010), Virtualization (VMWare), Storage Area Networks (Preferably EMC Storage).
- Expert knowledge of operating systems (Microsoft Server, Linux/Unix), Knowledge of network and data communication protocols and technologies.
- Strong protocol background with (NFS, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, SSL, DSCP, TCP/IP, SMTP, Telnet, SSH, TLS, FIFS, SMB NTP, Kebros)
- Integration experience – consolidation of services and sites.
- Expert in the design and implementation in high availability
- computing infrastructure.
- Experience with Power Shell and other scripting languages.
- Excellent Server troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of system security best practices.
- Experience with performance tuning and capacity planning.
- Expert level skills in Exchange 2010 and directory services, Multi-exchange Org infrastructure.
- Demonstrated skills in project planning, project management, documentation, problem-solving and work prioritization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with end-users, management, IT professionals and vendors.
- Excellent customer service skills including telephone techniques, listening skills, sense of urgency and enthusiasm.
- Able to identify and assess alternatives, make decisions and communicate the process and logic. Understands and balances business and technical issues in decision making.
- Must be collaborative, facilitative, team-oriented and self-motivated.
- Able to recruit, develop, manage and motivate a team of technical professionals.
- Culturally sensitive – values diversity, able to understand and cooperate with other team members from different cultures.
- Proven technical project management and documentation skills.
- Willing to travel, domestic and international.
Design, Development and Deployment of Computing Infrastructure Services 30%
Project Management 30%
Infrastructure Management 10%
Service Delivery and Team Support 10%
Relationship Management 10%
Supervision, Management & Leadership 10%
To apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the job title listed in the subject line. We may contact you if your background meets our requirements. Thank you for your interest in II-VI.
Note to recruiters and employment agencies: We will not pay for unsolicited resumes from recruiters and employment agencies unless we have a signed agreement and have required assistance, in writing, for a specific opening.
II-VI is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply via online