Responsible for grinding and polishing diamond optical substrates to the specified tolerances. Responsibilities include operating grinding/lapping machines, multi-head diamond polishing machines, interferometer surface figure equipment and numerous hand held thickness and surface test tooling. Responsible for manufacturing quality, maintaining production schedules, adhering to procedures, training new technicians, communicating and maintaining proper documentation. Coordinates with supervisor best methods to maintain OTD. Maintains process equipment to assure normal operations and quality control. Works with Quality Assurance to verify testing results and laser serializing. Understands and meets daily production requirements. Attends daily shift change meeting to communicate events and issues.
Education:High school graduate or equivalent.
Experience:0-2 years of experience in manufacturing.
Shift: Shift is either an afternoon shift (3pm-11pm) or night shift (11pm-7pm).
- Strong attention to detail.
- High visual demand and exceptional concentration skills required.
- Good multi-tasking skills, working knowledge and experience in quality principles.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven project planning, project management, documentation, problem-solving, and work prioritization skills.
- Ability to excel in a cross-organizational, cross cultural, global team environment.
- Must be both team-oriented and self-motivated. Able to achieve results independently or working with others.
- Handle special assignments promptly and professionally.
- Set a high standard of ethics, professionalism, leadership and competency. Handle confidential information.
- Demonstrates and promotes the II-VI Worldwide values: Customer First, Honest and Integrity, Open Communications, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement and Learning, Manage by the ‘facts’, A Safe, Clean and Orderly Workplace.
- Production Processing 70%
- Process and Equipment Maintenance 15%
- Employee Relations 10%
- Health and Safety 5%
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the job title listed in the subject line. We will contact you if your background meets our requirements, and we thank you for your interest in II-VI.
Note to recruiters and employments agencies: We will not pay for unsolicited resumes from recruiters and employment agencies unless we have a signed agreement and have required assistance, in writing, for a specific opening.
II-VI is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply via online