The position severs as the US Leader for payroll management. This person oversees the team of transaction staff who undertakes the activity to pay the payroll and bonuses, administer deductions, initiates changes and manage various payroll elections. With the new HRIS and use of ADP, this person is responsible to ensure issues raised are evaluated in an FMEA (failure mode and effect analysis) format, including training others in the workflow (supervisors, HR etc.) to collect facts in such a manner such that issues can be swiftly resolved, and permanently. It is important that this leader not allow his or her role to be one of fire-fighting any issues raised with no evaluation of potential root causes. This person will establish a tracking mechanism (help desk) for questions, ensure s/he has the resources needed to answer questions and periodically (once or twice a month) evaluating the totality of topics being raised to see if more systematic issues are arising.
This person is the key liaison with Human Resources to ensure changes in compensation plans, changes in personnel status and changes in HR processes are integrated with payroll and accounting. This person is also the lead go-to person for executives and board members with questions on the administration of their various agreements related to pay.
BS or BA in Accounting/Finance
- 4-6 years of experience multii-national, multi-location payroll centralized into one center on an SAP ERP environment.
- Exposure to Oracle HCM Global HR & Benefits systems
- Experienced with ADP as a service provider
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization with the ability to influence others moving towards a common goals
- Very skilled in the use of quality tools especially FMEA
- Strong data retrieval skills and data analysis skills
- Ability to communicate dispassionately the fact based reasons for issues arising along the employee compensation work flow, from offer through dismissal
- Understanding of equity compensation administration
- Well versed in all Microsoft office applications, especially Excel. Experience with Hyperion FDM and Smart view applications.
- Supervision, Management and Leadership 30%
- Payroll Process Design & Management 65%
- Other 5%
Note to recruiters and employments agencies: We will not pay for unsolicited resumes from recruiters and employment agencies unless we have a signed agreement and have required assistance, in writing, for a specific opening.
II-VI is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply via Online