The machine operator is responsible for the set-up and operation of the Asphere Generator, Asphere Polisher, Metrology, and cleaning/inspection equipment for the production of fused silica optics. They will be responsible for following established production procedures and must ensure that the parts produced conform to all aspects of the print. Proper selection of tools, feeds and speeds, together with a trained eye for inspection is critical to the successful machining of the optics. Precise optical and mechanical cleaning, inspection, and metrology have to be performed to not only qualify parts but also to set-up machinery and to apply error corrections.
High school graduate or equivalent, strong math/Algebra background or equivalent work experience.
- >3 years of experience in optics related field preferred.
- Any of the following experience is preferred: Optics shop experience, Machine shop experience, Machine operation, Inspection, Metrology or QA experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledgeable in reading drawings and production paperwork.
- Competent math skills for unit conversions and scientific notation.
- Able to qualify for tasks outlined in asphere operator capability matrix.
- Good mechanical problem solving.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- High degree of concentration in generating, polishing, and measuring of products and consistent attention to quality.
- Ability to handle diverse detailed tasks.
- High visual demand and exceptional concentration skills required.
- Must be both team-oriented and self-motivated. Able to achieve results independently or working with others.
- Handle special assignments promptly and professionally.
- Set a high standard of ethics, professionalism, leadership and competency.
- Demonstrates and promotes the II-VI Worldwide values: Customer First, Honest and Integrity, Open Communications, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement and Learning, Manage by the ‘facts’, A Safe, Clean and Orderly Workplace.
- Production/Machining 70%
- Teamwork/Management Support 10%
- Special Activities/Training 10%
- Housekeeping/Maintenance 5%
- Health & Safety 5%
Note to recruiters and employments agencies: We will not pay for unsolicited resumes from recruiters and employment agencies unless we have a signed agreement and have required assistance, in writing, for a specific opening.
II-VI is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply via Online