Provides process development, manufacturing, and test engineering support for the design, analysis, investigation and solution of complex optical and material fabrication processes, equipment, and products. Supports and consults for both Production and R&D functions across several departments and teams to solve problems related to materials, optics, tools, machine settings, product specifications, metrology, thin film coatings, and fabrication methods. Primary focus is on the manufacturing of CVD Diamond, while also assisting in other areas in the Fabrication department when required. Designs and develops specialized equipment, processes, fixtures, measurement tools, and associated Intellectual Property to establish an industry-leading market position. Provides training, quality system documentation and technology/process transfer to technicians, engineers, and supervisors while maintaining a continuous improvement mindset.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only duties, responsibilities and qualifications for the job. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire job skills and perform other related work as required
BS in Engineering, Optics, or Material Science. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5 plus years with a BS degree or 2 plus years with a MS degree. Desired background includes working in an optics or highly technical environment, quality oriented manufacturing environment, or in the processing of hard materials. Strong hands-on mindset and approach.
- Developing and documenting material fabrication processes and equipment.
- Experience processing CVD diamond or other hard polycrystalline substrates.
- Quality system knowledge and Six Sigma tools including Minitab, SPC, DOE, FMEA, and Lean
- Strong communication and organization skills. Able to multitask.
- Due to ITAR compliance, this position requires a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident Alien, or Protected Individual per 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
- Process Development 45%
- Production and Quality Support 35%
- Employee Relations 15%
- Safety & Housekeeping 5%
Note to recruiters and employments agencies: We will not pay for unsolicited resumes from recruiters and employment agencies unless we have a signed agreement and have required assistance, in writing, for a specific opening.
II-VI is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply via Online